Stonecoast Review - Literary Arts Journal
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING: We accept Fiction, Genre/Pop Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Poetry, Dramatic Works, Experimental, and Visual Art.
Contributors will receive a complimentary copy of the issue in which their work appears and be promoted across our social media accounts and on our website.
Stonecoast Review acquires First Serial Rights and First Electronic Rights for all work published in the journal. Rights revert to the author upon publication.
Our staff is a group of volunteers, all either current Stonecoast MFA Program alumni or students of the program.
- Submissions are only accepted through Submittable.
- When submitting your work, include a short cover letter and bio. Bios should be limited to 100 words.
- To more fully commit to our value of elevating socially marginalized voices and emerging writers, all first readers have access to the cover letters and names of submitting authors. Stonecoast Review gives privileged attention to the works of Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ+, and differently abled authors and emerging writers. We invite more established writers to submit and join our efforts in elevating needed voices.
- We accept only one prose submission, one poetry submission (of up to three poems), or five pieces of visual art per author per submission cycle.
- Submitted work must be previously unpublished. Stonecoast alumni may submit already published work for consideration as reprints.
- We encourage simultaneous submissions, but if accepted elsewhere, please withdraw your submission immediately. If you submit multiple poems and one is accepted elsewhere, please attach a note on Submittable identifying which poem is no longer available.
- Your work must use standard manuscript format: double-spaced, 12 pt., Times New Roman font. Poetry may be single-spaced. However, if a divergence from these rules is integral to your piece, we will still consider it.
Fiction and Popular Fiction: Limit submissions to 5,000 words or fewer.
Creative Nonfiction: Limit submissions to 5,000 words or fewer.
Poetry: Limit submissions to 3 poems, with no more than 50 lines each.
Dramatic Works: Limit submissions to 12 or fewer pages.
Visual Art: Limit submissions to 5 pieces. We seek visual images for the cover and interior of our issues. We welcome experimental and unusual art forms. We accept 2D digital images of all forms of fine art—photography, sculpture, painting, and mixed media. Please send high-res digital images (no lower than 300 dpi) in JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, or RAW file format.